Quepen, Empty Basin _ Stomach meridian _ Acupoint ST12
NAMES – MERIDIAN:
Empty Basin, Quepen – Stomach meridian
Khuyết bồn – Kinh Túc dương minh vị
La bassine vide – Méridien de l’estomac
缺盆, quē pén – 足阳明胃经
gyeol bun 결분, ketsu bon – 족양명위경
The 12th point belongs to the stomach meridian.
The ancients called the hole on the pole “Defective Basin” (empty basin), which means that the shape resembled a broken pot.
The acupoint of the empty basin is located in the concave (defect) of the clavicle, shaped like a pelvis (bathtub), so it is called “empty basin”.
Other Vietnamese names: Thien cai, Xich cai
Abbreviated in English : ST12
- Descends Lung Qi and clears heat from the chest
- Circulate meridians, relieve pain
Cough, asthma, pleurisy, sore throat, pharyngitis, supraclavicular pain, intercostal neuralgia.
- Combined with Juque acupoint CV14, Jiuwei acupoint CV15 and Xinshu acupoint BL15 to treat cough with bloody sputum.
- Combined with Dazhu acupoint BL11, Fengfu acupoint DU16 and Zhongfu acupoint LU1 to dissipate heat in the chest.
- Combined with Dazhu acupoint BL11, Fengmen acupoint BL12 and Zhongfu acupoint LU1 to dissipate heat in the chest.
- Combined with Shanzhong acupoint CV17 and Juque acupoint CV14 to treat cough.
- Combined with Shanzhong acupoint CV17, Rugen acupoint ST18, Feishu acupoint BL13, Fengmen acupoint BL12 and Zusanli acupoint ST36 to treat chronic cough.
- Combined with Lieque acupoint LU7, Yuji acupoint LU10 and Shaoze acupoint SI1 to treat cough.
- Combined with Shaohai acupoint HT3, Shidou acupoint SP17 and Shangyang acupoint LI1 to treat pleural effusion
- Combined with Yunmen LU2 acupoint to treat shoulder pain that cannot be lifted.
Many documents of traditional medicine of China and Vietnam
TECHNICAL NOTES :
- Straighten the depth by 0.3-0.5 cun.
- Do not insert deeply and stimulate strongly because it is easy to make the patient sick with needles, shortness of breath.
- Do not insert it deeply as this can prick the top of the lung and cause lung damage.
- Moxibustion 5 to 10 minutes.
Pregnant women are not allowed to do acupuncture, massage or acupoint Quepen.
LOCATION AND FIND THE ACUPOINT:
Please watch the instructions in the video
Quepen, Empty Basin _ Stomach meridian _ Acupoint ST12: